Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I'm BaAaAaAAACK

Here I am! It's been way, way, way too long since I have blogged. Writing music took over my life for the past year and now, I have journals upon journals filled with poetry/lyrics/thoughts- some that have found themselves melodies, others that are better left unsung.

A few of my friends have asked me "Why don't you post your lyrics?". I don't have a good answer. Lyrics are so personal. Poetry=personal. But I've become more comfortable with the idea of being an "open book" *pun intended* as I become more and more comfortable with being a singer/song writer.

And so, I shall bring this blog back to life by beginning to post my lyrics/poetry/thoughts.
Afterall, being BOLD is beYOUtiful.

"Temporary While" Written by Megan Rose April 2011
i'm never gonna see another man
as clearly as i saw you
cause you left with me a blurry way
of seeing love.
no, i'll never love another man
the way i loved you
oh, i couldn't
cause it'd kill me
this i am sure of.

regret is not a feeling that i ever felt while reeling
from the emptiness that weighed me down for so long
though i've known that you are dealing
quite well
and you've been feeling like the whole thing all along was all wrong
but i never hated you for that
no, i never hated you.
quite the opposite, in fact
i love you
and all the tears i cried?
they have subsided into smiles
knowing that i knew love.
i knew love and thats enough
even if it was for a temporary while

and, so, i kissed somebody else
and while he fell in love with me
i fell asleep to dreams
that i was kissing you
and i told him that i loved him
but i lied and he could see
that when i said it
i pretended he was you.

but he wasn't and he'll never be able to live up to everything you lived up to
though i know
he'd never let me down
the way you let me down.
and i don't speak of you to anyone
because nobody wants to hear it
but i speak to you each night and i hope somehow you feel it.

but you'll never love somebody the way you love yourself
and thats ok, because i knew that and i loved you anyway.
and no, you'll never find another me that will love you for yourself
and it's sad because you found me once and you let me go.
but that's ok.

yeah, it's ok
because when you're crying
you know that i'd be the first one to kiss your salty face
and someday, you'll be smiling
when you think of love and think of me
and know that we knew love...

even if it was just for a temporary while

No comments:

Post a Comment